EXCLUSIEF GENESEE ACADEMY SEMINAR
Mapping the organization; that is the goal of Ensemble Logical Modeling. With all the data and information scattered in different sources and platforms within any organization the importance of a thorough understanding what is available, what is important and how does this relate with each other is increasing now more than ever.
If your data is stored in a Data Warehouse (physical or virtual), on a data lake, on a data plane in a data mesh architecture is not important. In this course you will learn how to identify what is important for an organization from a non-technical perspective and to discover the business relations.
This course will show how this is done in a guided manner with the 6 ELM artifacts to end with a described Ensemble Logical Model fit to use in your organization. Either towards the data and data storage itself or towards the consumers of the data an regardless your data landscape.
The Ensemble Logical Model is an enterprise-wide business model which, in an agile way, maps the business concepts within a given organization into an agile and adaptable model. Using the ELM Artifacts (which are described during the ELM Workshop with business representatives) the full logical model can be created. The Ensemble Logical model is a backbone model containing the Core Business Concepts and the way these are related.
The Ensemble Logical Model is used for communication (together with the ELM Artifacts):
- For Business representatives – It is a representation of their own business, using their terminology, their business concepts;
- For Data Analysts /Data Stewards – To understand and recognize the terminology, relations and definitions/descriptions;
- For Source systems – through mapping; is the needed information (Core Business Concepts, Relations and Attribution) available in the source systems;
- For Developers – an almost 1 on 1 translation towards the desired Ensemble Modelling pattern.
This course is intended to cover all the 6 ELM artifacts which will guide you towards the Ensemble Logical Model (ELM) and the ELM itself. Topics covered include understanding the concept behind the Ensemble Logical Model, the modeling requirements and artifacts that drive this approach. We will include a brief introduction into the different Ensemble patterns like Data Vault, Anchor and Focal Point to learn why this approach benefits all. With the guidance and exercises along all 6 ELM artifacts students will experience how to start from a business case and end up with a fully modeled and documented Ensemble Logical Model. Which in itself is ready to be implemented on any technical platform – which can be a physical data warehouse, a virtual data platform, a data lake or in a data mesh architecture.
This course consists of three (3) components: the two day classroom course (online or on site), the online video lessons and the course material:
Results after training:
Thorough knowledge of the Ensemble Logical Model and all the ELM artifacts plus how to use this successfully in your organization.
This course is intended for all those people involved in getting insight into the data and information needs of an organization. Either as a professional working towards a physical data warehouse model or as the people discovering and communicating what information is needed and looking for a structured way to gather and document this.
Data Modelers, Information Modelers, Business Analysts, Data & Information Architects, Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse Managers, designers, project leads and project owners, data mart designers, model stormers and functional area representatives.
No particular knowledge is needed. Knowledge of business processes and information needs will benefit
- Introduction to the class
- Introduction Ensemble Logical Model
- Introduction ELM Artifacts:
- CBC List; A listing of all named Core Business Concepts, categorized into “Event / Person / Place / Thing / Other”.
- CBC Canvas; A canvas artifact to guide and visualize the process of discussing synonyms, hierarchies, levels, etc. Plus discussing missing Core Business Concepts.
- CBC Form; A Form for CBC disambiguation providing a brief description/definition, including certain attribution, related events, subject areas, synonyms, etc.
- Event & NBR Canvas: Artifact which helps with the design and refinement of the relationships. Also this is an important document for data delivery teams.
- NBR Matrix; A listing of all named Natural Business Relations, this will hold all relations as identified from out the events plus all other unique, specific NBR’s recognized in the ELM process.
- NBR Form; A Form used to describe the relationship plus investigate the right grain, precision and cardinality of the relation.
- From Business Case to Ensemble Logical Model in 6 guided steps
- Model storming
- Adding a next Business case to the existing Ensemble Logical Model and the ELM Artifacts
- CBC Form deep dive
- The relation between NBR Matrix and NBR Form – more complex relations and relations discovery
- From Ensemble Logical Model to Data Delivery – deep dive in Event & NBR Canvas
Our training courses are concuted by experienced teachers who have earned their spurs in advisory practice.
- Hans P. Hultgren
- Remco Broekmans
Genesee Academy provides world class DWBI training from the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) to Business Intelligence with the latest on multi-structured data, enterprise integration, big data, information visualization, DW2.0 with Bill Inmon, hyper-agility and Agile Data Warehousing.
Connected Data Academy is an Authorised Training Partner of Genesee Academy (GA).
Inschrijfformulier Deep Dive in ELM with Artifacts
Door het opsturen van dit formulier meldt u zich formeel aan voor een opleiding of cursus. Wij reserveren direct een plaats voor u in de door u bestelde opleiding of cursus. Binnen één werkdag ontvangt u een bevestiging van uw aanmelding en een factuur. Uw inschrijving is pas definitief nadat wij van u een ondertekende bevestiging van inschrijving hebben ontvangen en de factuur betaald is. Vanaf de bevestiging van uw aanmelding heeft u veertien dagen de tijd om uw inschrijving te wijzigen of ongedaan te maken.
Mocht u bij het verzenden van dit formulier tegen (technische) problemen aanlopen, verzoeken wij u uw gegevens in een mail te zetten en deze te versturen naar: firstname.lastname@example.org.