You are about to get to work with Data Vault and you want to understand what the possibilities of data actually include.
In this dual course you obtain insights in the possibilities of BI & Datawarehousing and you broaden your general and topical knowledge with which you create a foundation to grow from within the BI & Datawarehousing expertise.
Your results after Data Vault Day:
- You understand the concept behind Data Vault (Hubs, Links and Satellites)
- You understand the differences between source driven versus business driven approach
- You know the pros and cons and applicability of the different modelling approaches
- You are able to design a Data Vault model
*Independent professionals and groups qualify for an attractive discount! Get in touch with us.
The course consists of three parts:
- 12 Online video lessons
- 1 classroom course day
- Course material
12 online classes:
As part of Genesee Academy’s ‘hybrid learning approach’ covers this course 12 on demand video classes in which you learn the basis of the Data Vault core concepts. Study when it suits you, in your own environment and in your own tempo. The videos are 24/7 available online, with limitless access to the classes.
The video classes are provided via Data Vault Academy.
- What is Data Vault
- Data Vault Modeling Core Constructs
- High Level Colors of the Data Vault
- Data Vault Overview Benefits
- Data Vault Overview: Introduction Architecture
- Data Vault Modeling Approach & Methodology
- The Hub
- The Link
- The Satellite
- Applying Data Modeling approaches to EDW
- Steps to Modeling the EDW
- Business Keys in EDW
In-class course day
- The knowledge that you have acquired during the online classes will be broadened on this day
- What is the concept behind Data Vault?
- What are the Datawarehousing modeling requirements?
- How Data Vault meets these requirements
- Hubs, Links, Satellites and backbone models
- How to handle history?
- What are the pros, cons and applicability of the different modelling approaches?
You will be supported in the study process via detailed, constantly updated course material. Outside the classroom are multiple items available, meant to be used as references and guides to stimulate your continuous Data Vault activities.
Our courses are conducted by experienced teachers who have gained experience in consultancy practice.
- Antoine Stelma
- Jolanda van Gilst
Registration form Data Vault Day
Cancellation by Connected Data Academy, represented by Connected Data Group B.V.: Connected Data Group will make every effort to allow training to take place but reserves the right to cancel training at any time. Connected Data Group is not responsible for costs incurred by the client as a result of the rescheduling or cancellation of the training. If a training course has been canceled by Connected Data Group, the client will be given the option to transfer the booking to another training course or to have the already paid course fee refunded.
Cancellation by the client: Cancellation is possible up to 5 working days before the start of the training, after which the full registration fee is due. In case of cancellation up to 20 working days before the start, no costs will be charged, in all other cases 50% of the registration fee is due. Cancellation must always be made in writing. The student has a 7-day cooling-off period after signing and can cancel without costs, unless the training has not been planned during this period.
Settlement and invoicing: Unless otherwise agreed and stated as a payment condition, invoicing of the total amount for the training takes place after booking. Payment of the full invoice amount must be made no later than 15 working days before the start of the training. Connected Data Group reserves the right to refuse participation in the training if the invoice is not paid on time. By submitting this form, you order the relevant training. There is a cooling-off period of fourteen days
For the other conditions, Connected Data Group applies the general conditions of FENIT (Filed with the Registry of the District Court in The Hague on June 3, 2003 under number 60/2003)
Printing and typing errors reserved.
Connected Data Academy | www.connecteddataacademy.com